Prep 2 mins
Cook 20 mins
One my new recipes since being in Panama, these are fun and different too!
- 2 plantains, peeled and sliced diagonally 1/4 inch thick
- mozzarella cheese
- marinara sauce
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Fry sliced plantains in skillet until lightly brown (do not overcrowd, fry in batches if needed).
- Remove from oil, drain on paper towels and then flatten by pounding each piece.
- Return to skillet and refry until crunchy, remove from oil and drain again.
- Put pieces on baking sheet and top each with a 1/2 tsp marinara sauce, a little bit of cheese and a pepperoni.
- Bake until cheese melts.