Polenta Mini Pizzas
This is a tasty snack or lunch that I came up with after reading the suggestion on the back of a polenta tube. This is how I made it, but you could also use mozzarella in place of the ricotta, add some pepperoni, etc. These would also make really cute appetizers.
- Ready In:
- 8 ounces prepared polenta (in a chub or tube)
- 6 tablespoons pasta sauce
- 6 tablespoons low-fat ricotta cheese
- 6 teaspoons fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 leaves fresh basil
- pepper, to taste
- Preheat broiler.
- Heat olive oil on griddle or in frying pan on medium/medium high.
- Slice polenta into six 1/2 inch rounds.
- Fry polenta according to package directions. If there are no directions for frying, fry 5 minutes per side.
- Remove from griddle/pan, and place on a baking sheet. Prepare each slice like you would a pizza, layering 1 tablespoon pasta sauce, a basil leaf, 1 tablespoon ricotta, then 1 teaspoon parmesan. Broil 2-4 minutes until lightly browned.
- Note: Be careful when removing from the oven, especially if you're using a flat baking sheet. The polenta likes to slide around! Serve.