- 3 (6 inch) white pita bread or 3 (6 inch) whole wheat pita bread
- 6 leaves romaine lettuce
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red onion (optional)
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms (optional)
- 1 ounce pepperoni slice, cut in half
- 1⁄2 cup pizza sauce
- 1⁄4 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together the cherry tomatoes, red onion, mushrooms, pepperoni, pizza sauce, mozzarella cheese, vinegar and garlic powder.
- Warm in the microwave for 1 minute.
- Cut each pita in half and warm in the microwave, about 30 seconds.
- Stuff each with a lettuce leaf; fill each pita with the pizza salad and serve.