Recipe by Charlotte J
My daughter had this at school one day and brought the recipe home with her. She said it was so good and that I just had to make it for her. It maybe a recipe from the National Egg Council, but I am not sure.
Top Review by Terrilynn
Very good recipe because you can add or substitue so many different ingredients as to your liking and it still comes out great. I need to go grocery shopping so I just used a few things I had on hand. I cooked up some bacon pieces in my electric frying pan, then added mushrooms, salt & pepper, the eggs and ended it with the pizza sauce and mozzerella cheese. Family loved it. Can't wait to get some peppers & onions and try it totally your way. Thanks for posting it.
- 2 ounces sliced pepperoni
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- green pepper (optional)
- onion (optional)
- tomatoes (optional)
- mushroom (optional)
- olive (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place pepperoni slices in the bottom of a 10-inch skillet.
- Heat the skillet on a medium heat.
- Place any of the optional ingredients on next.
- Beat eggs and gently pour over ingredients in skillet.
- Cover pan and turn heat to low.
- Cook 10 to 12 minutes, until eggs are set.
- Spread pizza sauce over eggs and top with Mozzarella cheese for the last couple of minutes of cooking.
- Cut into wedges and serve.