Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe goes over well with kids! Serve with Italian sausages and potatoes fried with green peppers and onions.
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons pizza sauce
- 1⁄2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- pepperoni slice (optional)
- canned mushroom slices (optional)
- green pepper, diced (optional)
- onion, diced (optional)
- In a large bowl whisk together the eggs and water.
- In a large non stick skillet melt butter over medium heat and pour in egg mixture.
- When eggs are almost set on surface spread pizza sauce over half the eggs.
- Add the cheeses and any optional ingredients you wish.
- Cover, remove from heat and let stand for 2 minutes.
- Cut in half and serve with Italian sausages for a different breakfast or a great dinner!
Great breakfast and 3 eggs were perfect to feed me and the DM. I made it with a sharp cheddar (out of mozzarella) and a little parmesan and some fresh mushrooms and red capsicum/bell pepper. The DM has requested a hawiian for next time (ham, cheese and pineapple) - you could have a lot of fun with this omelette using up different ingredients. Thank you Dib's, made for I Recommend (recommended by 4-H Mom).
This was perfect! I loved this. Made one just like the recipe and one without the peppers and onions for Mother. I will try this again and again. One of my favorite omelette recipes now! Thanks for the great recipe. Made for January 2010 I Recommend Tag. Thanks!
I love pizza omelets and this was a good one. I followed the directions and added all of the optional ingredients except the mushrooms - only because I didn't have any on hand. I also added a few sprinkles of Italian Seasoning. Thanks for the nice omelet DiB's. Made for Bargain Basement Tag.