Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
I got this from Copykat.com. Pizza Hut Cavatini Copykat
- 1⁄2 lb pepperoni, sliced thin
- 1⁄4 lb spiral shaped pasta
- 1 green pepper, sliced thin
- 1⁄4 lb shell noodles
- 1 onion, sliced thin
- 1⁄4 lb wheel noodles
- mushroom (optional)
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- 1⁄2 lb hamburger (browned)
- 8 ounces parmesan cheese (shredded)
- 1⁄2 lb Italian sausage (browned)
- 2 (32 ounce) jars spaghetti sauce, your choice
- Cook noodles according to box directions.
- Heat sauce & combine with cooked hamburger and cooked sausage.
- In a 11 X 13 pan, sprayed with Pam cooking spray, layer noodles and sauce. Top layer with pepperoni, onions and green peppers, mushrooms and cheeses. Make about 3 layers and top with cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes or until cheese is melted.
I remember eating this at the Pizza Hut in Abilene, Texas in the early 70's. I craved it for years!! So glad to finally find the recipe. It is just how I remembered it. The sauce of course was not as sweet because I use low sugar sauce. There is a sauce out there that starts with a "P" that would make it a clone. Thank you so much!!!
Although this wasn't 100% the same taste as Pizza Hut's Supreme Cavatini, it was close enough, and it tasted amazing! I'll definitely be making this again!
Great recipe. The DH had loved this from Pizza Hut but I had never had it. I made a few adjustments. I used ground sausage in lieu of ground beef for sauce. Of which I simply removed from the casing of the sweet Italian sausage. The remaining links I cut into 4ths and added as recipe called for. I also made Kitencals meatballs using ground beef and cooked them in the sauce. Removing and then pushing into the casserole along with the sliced pieces of sausage. Great recipe, went over very well. Thanks for posting.