Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
I got this from Copykat.com. Pizza Hut Cavatini Copykat
- 1⁄2 lb pepperoni, sliced thin
- 1⁄4 lb spiral shaped pasta
- 1 green pepper, sliced thin
- 1⁄4 lb shell noodles
- 1 onion, sliced thin
- 1⁄4 lb wheel noodles
- mushroom (optional)
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- 1⁄2 lb hamburger (browned)
- 8 ounces parmesan cheese (shredded)
- 1⁄2 lb Italian sausage (browned)
- 2 (32 ounce) jars spaghetti sauce, your choice
- Cook noodles according to box directions.
- Heat sauce & combine with cooked hamburger and cooked sausage.
- In a 11 X 13 pan, sprayed with Pam cooking spray, layer noodles and sauce. Top layer with pepperoni, onions and green peppers, mushrooms and cheeses. Make about 3 layers and top with cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes or until cheese is melted.
I remember eating this at the Pizza Hut in Abilene, Texas in the early 70's. I craved it for years!! So glad to finally find the recipe. It is just how I remembered it. The sauce of course was not as sweet because I use low sugar sauce. There is a sauce out there that starts with a "P" that would make it a clone. Thank you so much!!!
I remembered eating this at Pizza Hut in Memphis, TN in the '70's. After putting my version of it in the oven, from memory recall, I thought I'd look for a recipe. I wasn't too far off base. It should still be good :)
Although this wasn't 100% the same taste as Pizza Hut's Supreme Cavatini, it was close enough, and it tasted amazing! I'll definitely be making this again!