Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
this is from shelley on the oh website.
- 1⁄2 yellow onion, diced
- 6 mushrooms, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 25 pepperoni slices, diced (I used Boar's Head)
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄3 cup tomatoes, diced (I used S&W canned, drained)
- 1 cup shredded Italian cheese blend
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Saute onions in butter till golden.
- Add mushrooms and garlic and saute 1 minute more. Set aside to cool.
- Mix all ingredients together. Be sure veggie mixture has cooled slightly before adding to egg mixture.
- Spoon (I use a small ice cream scoop) into a lightly greased mini muffin tin.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until centers are firm. Makes 24.
We really liked this recipe! Very easy to pull together. I had a large onion, so I ended up dicing just 1/4 of it. I did double the garlic because I love garlic. Otherwise I used the amount of spices listed. My italian blend of cheese was a mixture that was heavy on the mozzarella, but had some parmesan, romano and asiago in it, too. It only took 25 minutes in my oven for the egg to be cooked through at 350F. The recipe didn't yield me 24 mini bites, but that could have been that my eggs were kind of small and I filled the cup to just under the brim. One recommendation, if using regular muffin tins (as opposed to nonstick or silicone) spray very well with nonstick spray. Eggs really like to stick and are no fun to scrub clean. (Did half in regular muffin tin and half in silicone and the silicone popped right out with no troubles.) Thanks only1nik for sharing this recipe. I will make it again. Made for PAC Spring 2012.