this is from shelley on the oh website.
Make and share this Pizza Egg Bites recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 yellow onion, diced
- 6 mushrooms, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 25 pepperoni slices, diced (I used Boar's Head)
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄3 cup tomato, diced (I used S&W canned, drained)
- 1 cup shredded Italian cheese blend
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Saute onions in butter till golden.
- Add mushrooms and garlic and saute 1 minute more. Set aside to cool.
- Mix all ingredients together. Be sure veggie mixture has cooled slightly before adding to egg mixture.
- Spoon (I use a small ice cream scoop) into a lightly greased mini muffin tin.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until centers are firm. Makes 24.