Prep 50 mins
Cook 12 mins
This is the best pizza dough recipe and I have tried a lot!
- 2 teaspoons dried yeast
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1⁄4 cup warm water
- 3 cups bakers flour
- 1 teaspoon maldon sea salt
- 1 -1 1⁄2 tablespoon olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup warm water, additional
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano (optional)
- Mix yeast, honey and 1/4 cup water in a bowl.
- In a large bowl mix flour and salt and herbs.
- Add yeast mixture.
- Add 3/4 cup warm water.
- You can add 2 tbs bran flakes and substitute half of the olive oil with flaxseed oil for a healthier version.
- Using mixer with dough hook, mix for 5 minutes. Turn dough onto lightly floured surface and knead for 8 minutes.
- Cover dough with warm wet tea towel for 30 minutes.
- Divide dough into 4 pieces. Stretch each piece and turn under 4 to 5 times. Let stand covered a further 20 minutes.
- Either use or cover with plastic wrap and freeze or keep in refirgerator for a few days.
- Bake in oven at 220 degrees celcius for 10-12 minutes with whatever toppings you desire but make sure you brush the base with olive oil prior to baking.