Chef Larz in Pennsboro, WV's Note:
This is a basic bread recipe which I generally make without the oil in order to reduce fat from calories. Using this in recipes I really notice very little difference with or without oil.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Stir together yeast and water until dissolved.
- 2Mix flour, sugar, and salt and stir in the water and yeast and oil (if used).
- 3Knead lightly until smooth adding just enough flour to make a light dough.
- 4Cover and let rise 45-60 minutes or until double.
- 5Divide and stretch to fit one large sized pizza pan.
- 6Or if making sandwiches divide into twelve 2oz. portions. Shape as needed for sandwich recipe.
- 7For large pizza, pre-bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes. Then top as desired and bake at 400 for 10-12 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- 8For individual pizzas, pre-bake at 400 degrees for 5 minutes. These can be frozen for later use. When ready to use, top each as desired and bake at 400 for 7-10 minutes.
- 9Excess dough can be shaped into balls and frozen. Place shaped dough on any sheet pan and do not allow to rise at all. Place immediately in freezer covered in plastic wrap. After frozen transfer dough to freezer bags or other container of choice. To thaw, place rolls on counter top or baking tray and allow to rise at room temperature about 2 hours Then bake according to directions.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pizza Dough/Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (48 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 97.9
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 195.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 2.9 g