Recipe by DoryJean54
This recipe was in our Sunday paper.When I make homemade Pizza this is what I use.We like thicker dough so I only get 1 large pizza out of this dough. I spread it on my pizza stone pan.
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package active dry yeast
- 3⁄4 cup warm water (100 to 110 degrees)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus more to coat bowl
- 2 -3 chopped garlic cloves
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine yeast and water. Let stand 5-10 mins, or until foamy.
- Meanwhile,pulse flour and salt in food processor.
- Pour in yeast mixture, then add olive oil.
- Pulse until dough comes together.
- Turn onto lightly floured surface, add chopped garlic.
- Knead dough for 1 minute.
- Shape into ball and place in oiled bowl.
- Cover loosely with plastic wrap and put in warm place until dough had doubled in size, from 45 to 60 minutes.
- While dough is rising make pizza sauce.
- Drizzle olive oil on pizza pan.
- Using fingers, spread dough to edges of pan, building up a crust.
- Heat oven to 450*.
- Spoon a light amount of cooled sauce onto dough.
- Add favorite toppings and cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes,or until cheese is hot and bubbling.