Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A good kid pleaser-- and adults can add "toppings" as their taste buds desire.
- 2 (425.24 g) package refrigerated biscuits
- 396.89 g jar pizza sauce
- 354.88 ml mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 99.22 g package pepperoni, sliced
- 118.29 ml mozzarella cheese, shredded
- In a 9X13 baking dish, line the bottom with the sliced pepperoni.
- Cut all the biscuits in 1/4ths.
- In a big mixing bowl, put the pizza sauce, 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella, and the biscuits-- toss well.
- Pour the mixture on top of the pepperoni.
- Bake at 375 for 15 minutes.
- Top with the remaining 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella.
- Bake 15-20 minutes more-- til bubbly and browned.
- Of course, just about any topping can be added to the biscuit/sauce/cheese combo. And fat free cheese and turkey pepperoni can be used for a less-fat dish.
I took this to a potluck supper. I used one pound scruffled bulk sausage (Italian or breakfast) in place of the pepperoni which I didn't have. I used Mexican fiesta shredded cheese, again, since that is what I had. It got rave reviews and requests for the recipe. Quick, easy and tasty. Perfect for a potluck or a busy night supper when prep time is limited!
This is so good in a very non gourmet, homey sort of way. It came together in a snap and my kids loved it. I used turkey pepperoni and low fat cheese. Next time I will throw in some diced peppers and mushrooms, as well. Really, really good!
My husband and I had our doubts about this recipe. But we gave it a try and we are so glad we did. It tastes like a pizza with the crust. The pepperoni got all crusty around the edges. It was great ! Thank you.