Recipe by didyb
A good kid pleaser-- and adults can add "toppings" as their taste buds desire.
Top Review by mycrocodile
I took this to a potluck supper. I used one pound scruffled bulk sausage (Italian or breakfast) in place of the pepperoni which I didn't have. I used Mexican fiesta shredded cheese, again, since that is what I had. It got rave reviews and requests for the recipe. Quick, easy and tasty. Perfect for a potluck or a busy night supper when prep time is limited!
- 2 (7 1/2 ounce) packages refrigerated biscuits
- 1 (14 ounce) jar pizza sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package pepperoni, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 9X13 baking dish, line the bottom with the sliced pepperoni.
- Cut all the biscuits in 1/4ths.
- In a big mixing bowl, put the pizza sauce, 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella, and the biscuits-- toss well.
- Pour the mixture on top of the pepperoni.
- Bake at 375 for 15 minutes.
- Top with the remaining 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella.
- Bake 15-20 minutes more-- til bubbly and browned.
- Of course, just about any topping can be added to the biscuit/sauce/cheese combo. And fat free cheese and turkey pepperoni can be used for a less-fat dish.