Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is another recipe from my mother in law. It's fast and yummy!
- 1⁄2 lb mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 lb Spam
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup tomato paste
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 3 teaspoons garlic powder
- 3 teaspoons onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 12 hamburger buns
- In a food processor grind Spam and cheese together.
- Brown ground beef. Drain and cool.
- Combine all other ingredients and mix with meat and cheese.
- Spread on hamburger buns and bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
My BF just loved this...brought back memories. I did use the whole can of spam ground up. I browned the gr beef with onions and then added all additional items except the cheese. I used cheddar and added after the mixture had cooled down some. Very good. Thanks!
This recipe rings bells. Im going to try this tonight to see if its close to the old school recipe when I was a kid ! Ive looked over so many recipes and this seems to be the closest.