Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Nothing like the school lunchroom special! Imagine having pizza and burgers together. This is a great pizza burger that should make everyone happy. I have this orginal recipe post on about.com also.
- 3 lbs ground round (prefered ) or 3 lbs chuck
- 1⁄2 tablespoon oregano (dried and crumbled)
- 1⁄4 tablespoon basil (dried and crumbled)
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small green peppers or 1 small red pepper, diced small
- 1⁄2 cup pizza sauce (either store bought or homemade )
- 12 slices mozzarella cheese
- 12 slices provolone cheese
- 12 slices pepperoni
- 12 kaiser rolls
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon oregano (dried and crumbled)
- 1 teaspoon basil (dried and crumbled)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Mix the burger, spices, onion, garlic, and pepper together and shape into 12 patties.
- Grill over hardwood coals until done to your liking.
- Baste with the pizza sauce for the last few minutes.
- Cut rolls in half .
- Mix the remaining herbs and olive oil and brush on both cut faces of rolls, place face down on grill for a few minutes to toast.
- Remove from grill.
- Place a slice of Mozzarella cheese on one half of rolland a slice of Provolone on the other half of roll.
- Place one slice of pepperoni on top of one side of roll.
- Place burger on one side of roll and brush with remaining pizza sauce.
- Close roll and serve.
The kids loved this this weekend! We did use ground beef for our patties and we didn't use any peppers or onions (we used onion powder). This was very simple and tasted really, really good. Chef Shadows your recipes are always AWESOME!!