Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Australian BH&G Diabetic Living. Please also allow 45 minutes for proving the dough.
- 120 g plain flour (wholemeal 3/4 cup)
- 115 g plain flour (3/4 cup)
- 7 g dried yeast
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- 185 ml water (lukewarm 3/4 cup)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- cooking spray
- 2⁄3 cup basil (finely chopped or parsley or mix of both)
- 2 garlic cloves (large finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons passata (tomato)
- Put the flours, yeast and sugar in a medium bowl and stir well to combine and then add the lukewarm water and oil and using a flat bladed knife mix until the dough starts to come together.
- Turn out dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead for about 10 minutes or until the dough is smooth and elastic.
- Spray a medium bowl with cooking spray and add the dough and cover with a layer of plastic wrap and a clean, dry tea towel and set aside in a warm, draught free place for 45 minutes.
- Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Combine the herbs and garlic in a small bowl.
- Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth.
- Divide dough into 32 equal portions and roll out each to 8cm long oval shape and place on the trays.
- Spread 16 dough pieces with the tomato passata and sprinkle 1 teaspoon of the herb mixture over all of the dough pieces and then spray with cooking spray.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until dough is crispy and golden.
- Serve warm.