Low-Carb Pizza Bites
photo by teresas
- Ready In:
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 cup tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded (or combine with other cheeses such as parmesan)
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, finely minced (or other pizza topping)
- 24 slices pepperoni, preferably in large thin slices
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Poke the pepperoni slices into the bottoms of the mini-muffin cups, or butter the cups well if you aren't using the pepperoni (I find that oiling the pans doesn't work as well).
- Cream the cream cheese with a mixer until smooth and fluffy. Add eggs, garlic, and oregano, and beat until smooth.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients in by hand.
- Fill the muffin cups with the egg and cheese mixture.
- Bake for about 15-18 minutes, or until lightly browned on top and set in center. Remove from oven, and cool for a few minutes (5-10), then run a knife around the top to loosen (I use a plastic knife for my nonstick pan). Remove to a plate.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
These little bites are very rich but definitely tasty! I wanted to use up some Colby-Jack cheese so I used that instead of mozzarella. I also used some chopped green onions from my garden in place of the green peppers. I wasn't sure if the oregano and garlic powder would be enough to season the cheese mixture but with the salt from the pepperoni it really didn't need anything else. The recipe is very open to variations, which I love. Thanks for posting!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<img src="http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j166/ZaarNicksMom/PACsticker-Adopted.jpg"> <br>I am a mother of 3 children, Brent (17), Kaylee (15), and Cole (12). We have a very busy schedule most days so I love finding easy and quick recipes using fresh ingredients. I have been a Girl Scout leader for 10 years. I am a "Vacation Junkie" so I come home from every vacation and start planning the next one! If I don't have a vacation to look forward to then I fall into a deep depression! My new favorite cookbook is "The All New Ultimate Southern Living Cookbook". I'm only about halfway through it but everything looks absolutely YUMMY!!! My dream is to completely renovate my kitchen to be a Gourmet's Delight...you know, granite countertops, big deep sink, top of the line appliances, etc.