Recipe by RSHDiva
There are awesome to sock away in the freezer, and actually cut easier from frozen. Quick, easy and yummy.
Top Review by VickyJ
Hi there! :) I made this as part of some Thanksgiving appetizers I brought to a dinner. They were really simple to make and went really well with roasted garlic hummus. I'll be making this again!
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons basil (dried)
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
- salt and pepper
- 8 mini pita pockets, split into circles
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine ingredients except bread. Using a sharp knife, split pita into rounds. Spread each with a tablespoon or so of mixture and place on a cookie sheet. Freeze uncovered, then transfer into plastic bag. When ready to use, preheat oven to 375°. Cut frozen circles into 6ths (small size) or 8ths (large loaves) using a sharp carving knife. Spread on cookie sheet, in one layer. Bake for 15-20 minutes until they start to brown a little.