Recipe by Robert Foster
a light tasty sandwich with a greek influence. We love making these when we are in the mood for a burger.
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 (8 ounce) container plain yogurt
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions
- 3⁄4 teaspoon grated lemon, rind of
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 small cucumber, sliced
- 1 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 2 6-inch pita bread or 2 6-inch flat bread, halved
Directions See How It's Made
- In medium bowl, combine ground pork, 2 tablespoons of the yogurt, basil, oregano, 1/2 teaspoon of the salt, 1/4 teaspoon of the garlic powder and pepper; mix well.
- shape mixture into 4 oval shaped patties, 1/2 inch thick.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining yogurt, parsley, green onions, lemon peel, sugar, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and remamaining 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder; mix well.
- Set aside.
- It is recommended to grill the patties covered for approximately 11 to 14 minutes or until pork is no longer pink in center.
- We have cooked them in a skillet as well.
- You have to be careful because the meat is lean and it tends to stick.
- Place patties, cucumber and tomato slices topped with yogurt sauce in pita halves.