Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
This is from the California Pistachio Commision. It looks different and delicious, I have yet to try it, but putting it here so I can soon!
- 1 cup finely chopped pistachios
- 2 cups grated zucchini (coarse grate)
- 2 (15 ounce) cans red kidney beans, drained and mashed
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons oil-and-vinegar dressing (bottled or homemade)
- Combine all ingredients, except dressing and mix well. Shape into 6 patties. Brush both sides generously with dressing and place in a grill basket with a fine grid. Grill in covered barbecue over medium coals for 5 to 6 minutes. Or you may cook this inside in a grill pan or under the broiler. Baste with dressing and flip burger. Cook another 5 to 6 minutes.
- Serve in buns with fixings. Enjoy!
Nice introduction to vegetarian BBQ ideas. Would suggest slight changes:- add 1/2 onion finely chopped and change dressing to Plum Sauce