Buster's friend's Note:
Oh, I love this recipe! Not too sweet - totally OK for brunch, a little "sumpin-sumpin" or, when paired with a nice Sauternes, a lovely dessert. Looks like a long recipe - it's not. Just very specific instructions from those guys at the California Pistachio Commission.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 2/3 cup flour, sifted
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup pistachios, chopped (natural California)
Pistachio Cream Cheese Filling
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Line a 10 x 15 x 1 inch pan with waxed paper or parchment; grease and flour.
- 3Beat eggs on high, add sugar gradually until very thick and volume is tripled, about 5 minutes.
- 4Fold in lemon juice and pumpkin gently.
- 5Sift combined dry ingredients except pistachios over egg mixture; lightly fold into egg mixture.
- 6Spread into prepared pan and sprinkle with pistachios.
- 7Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until top springs back when lightly pressed.
- 8Turn cake out onto waxed paper and trim crisp edges with knife.
- 9Working quickly, cover cake with second sheet of waxed paper and roll up from short side, rolling paper inside.
- 10Set aside; prepare Pistachio Cream Cheese Filling.
- 11Beat cream cheese and butter together with powdered sugar and lemon zest until creamy. Stir in pistachios.
- 12When cake has cooled, unroll and spread filling over entire surface.
- 13Re-roll cake. Slice to serve.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pistachio Pumpkin Roll
Serving Size: 1 (88 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 363.1
- Calories from Fat 192
- Total Fat 21.4 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 94.5 mg
- Sodium 171.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 24.0 g
- Protein 9.0 g