Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Mmmm, biscotti. Pistachios and Cranberries are pretty....add the icing and they are a lovely treat. This recipe comes from Light and Tasty
- 1 1⁄2 cups dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pistachios, shelled
- 4 teaspoons lemon peel, grated
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon peel, grated
- 1 -2 tablespoon nonfat milk
- Place cranberries in a bowl and sprinkle with the orange juice.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating after each.
- Beat in the vanilla.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually mixing in to the creamed mixture.
- Stir in the pistachios and lemon peel.
- Drain the cranberries and stir in to the dough.
- On a lightly floured surface, divide the dough into thirds.
- Shape each piece in to a 12 inch by 2 inch log.
- Place on a baking sheet covered with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350°F for 20-25 minutes.
- Cool for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a cutting board, and cut each log into about 20 slices with a serrated knife (cut at an angle).
- Place the cut side down on baking sheet coated with cooking spray and bake for 12-15 minutes turning once.
- Remove to wire racks to cool.
- For the icing, combine the confectioners' sugar and lemon peel in a small bowl. Stir in just enough milk until achieving a drizzling consistency.
- Drizzle over biscotti, and store in an airtight container.
I loved these...the lemon peel livened up the cranberries and pistachio...definitely a keeper.
These cookies fell apart when I cut them. I had to throw them out!
Yum - how delicious!! My first try at making biscotti turned out to be a great success due to this great recipe. Love the flavour and texture of the biscotti as well as the relative ease of the recipe. Thanks Bunny Mom!!