Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 hrs
A nice change from the usual beef and beans casseroles, this stew uses ingredients I always have on hand. Filling and not too spicy. Use canned beans that have chili seasonings and peppers, such as Heinz.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in large dice
- 473.18 ml frozen corn
- 2 (793.78 g) can chili beans
- 236.59 ml chunky salsa, such as Pace
- 9.85 ml taco seasoning
- 4.92 ml sugar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 236.59 ml cheddar cheese, grated
- Place all ingredients, except salt, pepper and cheese into crock pot and stir well.
- Cook on high 4-5 hours or on low 6-8 hours.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, if needed, sprinkle cheese over top and cook an additional 15 minutes.
I was unsure about making this with chicken but I'm converted now. This was so yummy and easy and tasted like chicken chili. I made half a recipe for just my husband and me. I used black beans instead of chili beans and canned corn instead of frozen corn. I didn't need any salt or pepper.
Delicious and sooo fast to throw together! Definitely a keeper! We skipped the salt and pepper as we didn't feel it needed it. We served it over steamed rice, with dollops of sour cream and slices of avocado on top. Yum! Thanks for posting, Cookin-jo!