Recipe by Cookin-jo
A nice change from the usual beef and beans casseroles, this stew uses ingredients I always have on hand. Filling and not too spicy. Use canned beans that have chili seasonings and peppers, such as Heinz.
Top Review by XAnnette
I was unsure about making this with chicken but I'm converted now. This was so yummy and easy and tasted like chicken chili. I made half a recipe for just my husband and me. I used black beans instead of chili beans and canned corn instead of frozen corn. I didn't need any salt or pepper.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in large dice
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 2 (14 ounce) cans chili beans
- 1 cup chunky salsa, such as Pace
- 2 teaspoons taco seasoning
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated