Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Delicious soft almond cookies with hint of lemon zest. You can use orange zest as well. Perfect with afternoon tea or coffee. I make them as a stick shape and dip one side into a chocolate. Great as a gift too.
- 75 g sugar
- 150 g butter, room temperature
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 200 g flour
- 35 g almond flour (finely grounded almonds)
- Preheat oven to 170°C.
- In a medium bowl cream together butter and sugar until light in color.(use paddle attachment, or hand held mixer).
- Add egg and lemon zest, mix well add flour and almond flour.
- Spoon the dough into pastry bag with a 1/2 inch open star tip.
- Pipe any shape you like on a baking sheet, spacing about 2 inch apart.
- Bake 10 minutes until lightly golden.
- Store in air tight container. They also freeze well.