Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is another of those recipes that I found while hunting a recipe to make for which I already had the ingredients on hand. This came from a little free cookbook I received several years ago called Capital Cookbooks.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Blend butter and shortening until smooth.
- Add both sugars and cream well.
- Add eggs, beating after each egg.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Mix dry ingredients and gradually add to batter.
- Add chocolate chips and nuts.
- Mix well and drop by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 8- 10 minutes, depending on you oven.
- Cool briefly on baking sheet then move to cooling rack to cool completely.
My oldest son Jason helped me make these and we shared them with all the kids in our neighborhood along with some kool-aid. Everyone enjoyed them and believe me...they didn't last long. They came out DELICOUS! I was also happy about the amount this recipe made. I was able to make 7 dozen!! So we had an extra few dozen to wrap up and put away. Thanks for the GREAT recipe...like you said, it's ingredients we usually have in our pantry and I'll definitally be making them again. Kerry