1 hr 15 mins
This is my mom's pumpkin bread. I tried a couple out here on Zaar and they were good...but had to get this one out there...simply divine! That and I wanted to see the nutrient information... Who knows where she got it but thank goodness she did! But beware!! This is not for the diet conscious! Tip: If you boil your pumpkin to get to your pumpkin puree, save the water and use in the recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Grease and flour baking pans. Turn oven to 350.
- 2Cream the shortening and sugar.
- 3Stir in eggs, pumpkin, and water.
- 4Sift together flour, soda, salt, baking powder, cinnamon, and cloves.
- 5Blend to a smooth dough.
- 6Stir in chopped nuts and raisins (if using).
- 7Bake larg loaves 60-70 minuts or until center tests clean. Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes.
- 8Remove from pan and cool.
- 9Yields 2 9x5x3 loaves -- or -- 3 8 1/2x4 1/2x2 1/2 -- or -- 30 cupcakes. Adjust bake times accordingly.
- 10This recipe also works well with the addition of a cup of shredded zuccini or chocolate chips.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pinky's Famous Pumpkin Bread
Serving Size: 1 (1780 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 188.9
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 28.2 mg
- Sodium 216.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 18.0 g
- Protein 2.7 g