Recipe by MeliBug
After visiting the Pinkberry in LA, I fell in love with their frozen yogurt! after searching for the recipe on the internet, i combined 3 of them and felt that it came pretty close to the real thing! Let me know what u think! Not really sure on the servings or time... sorry!
Top Review by kristen.wack
I made some modifications based on a previous custard recipe I made because I didn't have all of the ingredients you mentioned. Instead of honey & sugar I used 1/2 can of sweetened condensed milk and it was perfect for the amount of sweetness I like. The texture was superb!! Scraping the sides really did the trick! Thanks!
- 10 ounces nonfat plain yogurt
- 4 ounces fresh green apple juice (i ended up using regular apple juice and it was great too)
- 2 1⁄2 ounces nonfat milk
- 2 ounces granulated sugar
- 5 tablespoons honey
- 5 tablespoons lemon juice
- 8 ounces sweetened whipped cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Whip the whipping cream to a consistency where you can start to see the stroke marks of the whisk and slowly disappear.
- Add plain yogurt and mix well. Then add the rest of the ingredients.
- Pour into ready to go ice cream maker (mine requires freezing the bowl overnight).
- Every 30 minutes, give it a scrape-down to aerate it. They say the more you scrape it, the smoother it becomes.
- Once it's at an ice cream/frozen yogurt consistency, enjoy it plain or with toppings of your choice. Some popular Pinkberry topping are fresh strawberries, kiwis, mangos, peach slices, pineapple, blueberries, lychees, raspberries, chocolate chips, coconut shavings, captain crunch cereal, fruity pebble cereal, white chocolate chips, etc. Get creative! :D.