From Bon Appetit magazine. I want to be able to find this recipe again. This is a non-alcoholic drink, served with club soda.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Toast anise, peppercorns and cloves in a small skillet over medium-high heat until aromatic, stirring often, about 2 minutes.
- 2Wrap spices in triple layer of cheesecloth; tie shut.
- 3Pound with a rolling pin to crush spices lightly.
- 4Bring 3 cups water and 1 cup sugar to boil in medium saucepan. Add spices in cheesecloth. Remove from heat; cover and allow to steep 15 minutes.
- 5Add 1/2 cup thyme sprigs. Cover and steep 10 minutes longer.
- 6Strain syrup into medium bowl. Chill until cold.
- 7To serve: Fill 8 tall glasses with ice. Divide syrup among glasses. Add 1/2 cup soda to each glass. Garnish with thyme sprigs and peppercorns.
Browse Our Top Non-Alcoholic Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Non-Alcoholic Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pink Peppercorn Thyme Soda
Serving Size: 1 (117 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 101.7
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 5.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 24.9 g
- Protein 0.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: