Prep 4 mins
Cook 1 min
A fun dip/spread that's savoury, sweet and spicy. I invented this while playing mad scientist in the kitchen. It goes well with crackers and fresh fruit (pears, apples, etc.).
- Discard rind from brie.
- Cube brie and cream cheese, and place in medium-sized microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave on high until cheese melts (about 1 minute).
- Whisk in butter until it melts and mixture is smooth.
- Whisk in hot pepper jelly and watch the color transformation!
- Add the rest of the ingredients and whisk until well combined.
- Chill for at least two hours.
This savoury dip is just so good! I skipped the green onion and used an extra tablespoon of pepper jelly and it's just right for us. I'm serving this with Triscuits tonight for an appetizer at Thanksgiving dinner. Made for Think Pink 2011. Thanks Picholine! :)
Saw French Tart's picture and had to try this and so very glad I did. Made as directed using Hot Jalapeno Pepper Jelly and loved it. Just enough of a bite to set pf tje brie without burning. Served with crackers and apples slices from our orchard. Wonderful, I recommend everyone try this one out. Made for Think Pink -09
The taste it terrrific, TRUE! I did something I normally don't do! I THOUGHT hot pepper jelly was the same as chilli wine liquer jelly too, Came out FANTASTIC! Would HIGHLY recommend recipe to do! THANKS!