Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
No sugar, no extra flavours, no extra ingredients, just apples.
- Wash apples thoroughly.
- Prepare a large bowl filled with cold water.
- Cut apples into cubes (keeping the skin but removing cores).
- As you cut the apples, throw them in cold water so they don't brown too much.
- When you've finished cutting, remove from water and place apples in a heavy-bottomed pot, add a tiny bit of water so that there is about 1cm covering the bottom.
- Cover and cook on LOW heat until apples are completely cooked.
- Stir once in a while.
- Working by the spoonful, press apples through a potato ricer or a strainer; discard skins between batches.
- If desired (this shouldn't be necessary), cream sauce in blender or food processor.
- Cool before refrigerating.
- ***This gives a very thick applesauce, to thin out, add more water during cooking.***.