Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
From taste of Home. Submitted by Barbara Hahn. I think these sound delicious and different!
Make and share this Pineapple Upside-Down Cupcakes recipe from Food.com.
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 small pineapple, peeled, cored and cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 12 maraschino cherries, well drained
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- whipped topping (optional)
- Line greased jumbo muffin cups with waxed paper; grease the paper and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter over low heat; stir in brown sugar and corn syrup.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from the heat.
- Spoon 1 T. into each muffin cup; top each with a pineapple slice and a cherry.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs and sugar until thickened and lemon colored.
- Beat in the oil, sour cream, and vanilla until smooth.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add to egg mixture; mix well.
- Fill muffin cups two-thirds full.
- Bake at 350 for 28-32 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes before inverting onto wire racks to cool completely.
- Garnish with whipped topping if desired.