From taste of Home. Submitted by Barbara Hahn. I think these sound delicious and different!
My Private Note
dozen j ...
Units: US | Metric
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 small pineapple, peeled, cored and cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 12 maraschino cherries, well drained
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- whipped topping (optional)
- 1Line greased jumbo muffin cups with waxed paper; grease the paper and set aside.
- 2In a small saucepan, melt butter over low heat; stir in brown sugar and corn syrup.
- 3Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved.
- 4Remove from the heat.
- 5Spoon 1 T. into each muffin cup; top each with a pineapple slice and a cherry.
- 6In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs and sugar until thickened and lemon colored.
- 7Beat in the oil, sour cream, and vanilla until smooth.
- 8Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- 9Add to egg mixture; mix well.
- 10Fill muffin cups two-thirds full.
- 11Bake at 350 for 28-32 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- 12Cool for 5 minutes before inverting onto wire racks to cool completely.
- 13Garnish with whipped topping if desired.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pineapple Upside-Down Cupcakes
Serving Size: 1 (2699 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 7241.0
- Calories from Fat 3186
- Total Fat 354.0 g
- Saturated Fat 107.2 g
- Cholesterol 918.8 mg
- Sodium 2923.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 983.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 16.9 g
- Sugars 693.5 g
- Protein 61.8 g