Prep 35 mins
Cook 35 mins
Mom's recipe that I used to make as a kid. I have used canned peaches with good results also. Lovely served warm with ice cream.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 9 pineapple rings
- 9 maraschino cherries
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 2⁄3 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Melt 1/4 cup butter in an 8"pan.
- Stir in brown sugar.
- Arrange pineapple on top and place a cherry in each pineapple hole.
- Set aside.
- In bowl cream butter and sugar.
- Add eggs and beat until very light and fluffy.
- Mix dry ingredients in another bowl.
- Beat dry ingredients into egg mixture alternately with milk.
- Add vanilla.
- Bake 350 for 30-35 minute or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Invert cake on plate.
I LOOOOVE THIS CAKE. I was never crazy about pineapple upside down cake until i tried this one.i now use this recipe as a base for othe types of cake.I even put it on my page i hope you dont mind!
Very easy recipe. Cake turned out great, the only thing I did not like was the cake was a little dry. Next time I will add some pineapple juice and a little more butter and brown sugar for the topping. Other than that is was great. Thanks for the easy recipe.