Prep 45 mins
Cook 15 mins
A recipe from Jialei Confectionery and Training Centre
For tart pastry
- 250 g butter
- 100 g sugar
- 450 g flour
- 1 egg
- 30 g powdered milk
For pineapple filling
- 2500 g pineapple
- 300 g sugar
- 1 small cinnamon stick
- For cooking the filling:.
- Mash pineapples and cook in saucepan till dry.
- Add sugar and cinnamon stick.
- Keep stirring till mixture becomes dry.
- For making the pineapple tarts:.
- Sift flour and milk powder together.
- Beat butter, sugar and egg in mixer well. Fold in flour.
- Mix well to form a dough.
- Roll out dough. Use a cutter to cut. Place on baking tray.
- Brush with beaten egg. Top with pineapple filling.
- Make crosses with dough to place on top of tarts.
- Brush again with beaten egg. Bake for 15 mins at 180°C.