Recipe by Geema
No frosting, no fuss. You can have a really delicious dessert in about 45 minutes. This is a tried and true Southern Living recipe.
Top Review by BrendaM
Great recipe, Geema! Since my can of pineapple was 16 ounces, I decided to double this. I baked it in a 9" x 13" pan for about 40 minutes! The end result was a delicious cake which wasn't overly sweet.. just the way we like it! The pineapple and brown sugar topping is wonderful! Thanks for sharing this!
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1/3 cup juice.
- Set aside.
- Combine flour and next 3 ingredients; make a well in the center.
- Combine the reserved juice, milk and next 3 ingredients.
- Add wet to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened.
- Spoon into a greased 9' square pan.
- Top with pineapple and then sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Bake for 25- 30 minutes.
- Cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes.