Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 turkey (8 to 12 lb.)
- 1 pineapple
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon ginger, ground
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 cloves large garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup water
- Wash turkey and pat dry.
- If desired, rub cavity lightly with salt. Fasten neck skin to back and skewer.
- Fold wings across back with tips touching.
- Tuck drumsticks under band of skin at tail or tie together with heavy string, then tie to tail.
- Place turkey breast side up on rack in open shallow roasting pan.
- Brush with vegetable oil.
- Insert meat thermome- ter so tip is in thickest part of inside thigh muscle or thickest part of breast meat and does not touch bone. Roast uncovered in 325 degrees oven for 3 hours.
- Pare pineapple; cut lengthwise into halves.
- Remove core; cut each half crosswise int o 8 slices.
- Mix wine, honey, soy, ginger, paprika and garlic. Arrange pineapple on rack around turkey.
- Brush turkey and pineapple with wine mixture. Continue roasting uncovered, brushing turkey and pineapple frequently with wine mixture, until thermometer registers 185 degrees, about 1 hour longer, or move drumstick up and down (when done the joint should give readily or break). Remove turkey and pineapple, keep warm.
- Pour d rippings into 2 cup measuring cup; skim off any excess fat. Add enough water to drippings to measure 2 cups.
- Heat dripping to boiling in saucepan.
- Mix cornstarch and cold water; stir into drippings.
- Boil and stir 1 minute. Serve with turkey.
- Yields about 16 servings.