My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash turkey and pat dry.
- 2If desired, rub cavity lightly with salt. Fasten neck skin to back and skewer.
- 3Fold wings across back with tips touching.
- 4Tuck drumsticks under band of skin at tail or tie together with heavy string, then tie to tail.
- 5Place turkey breast side up on rack in open shallow roasting pan.
- 6Brush with vegetable oil.
- 7Insert meat thermome- ter so tip is in thickest part of inside thigh muscle or thickest part of breast meat and does not touch bone. Roast uncovered in 325 degrees oven for 3 hours.
- 8Pare pineapple; cut lengthwise into halves.
- 9Remove core; cut each half crosswise int o 8 slices.
- 10Mix wine, honey, soy, ginger, paprika and garlic. Arrange pineapple on rack around turkey.
- 11Brush turkey and pineapple with wine mixture. Continue roasting uncovered, brushing turkey and pineapple frequently with wine mixture, until thermometer registers 185 degrees, about 1 hour longer, or move drumstick up and down (when done the joint should give readily or break). Remove turkey and pineapple, keep warm.
- 12Pour d rippings into 2 cup measuring cup; skim off any excess fat. Add enough water to drippings to measure 2 cups.
- 13Heat dripping to boiling in saucepan.
- 14Mix cornstarch and cold water; stir into drippings.
- 15Boil and stir 1 minute. Serve with turkey.
- 16Yields about 16 servings.
Browse Our Top Pineapple Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pineapple Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pineapple Roast Turkey
Serving Size: 1 (1374 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 62.3
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 253.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 10.1 g
- Protein 0.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: