Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a recipe my mother made a lots of time. It was one of my favorite recipe. I made it on Sunday when I didn't know what to do with a pork loin roast. It's from Qu'est-ce qu'on mange volume 1.
- 44.37 ml peanut oil (I use Canola oil)
- 1 kg pork roast
- 226.79 g pineapple chunks
- 295.73 ml water
- 29.58 ml molasses
- 4.92 ml dry mustard
- salt and pepper
- 29.58 ml cornstarch
- 236.59 ml chicken stock
- 14.79 ml wine vinegar (I used red wine vinegar)
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In an overproof saucepan, heat oil. Brown the pork on all sides.
- Let drain the pineapples and keep the juice.
- In a bowl, mix pineapple juice and water. Incorporate the molasses, mustard, salt and pepper. Pour on the pork. Cover. Cook in oven for 1 hour. Baste with the cooking juice each 15 minutes. Remove the lid for the last 15 minutes of cooking.
- Put the pork roast in a serving dish. Keep it warm.
- In a bowl, mix the cornstarch with the chicken stock. Set aside.
- Skim the cooking juice. Add vinegar and the cornstarch with chicken stock. Bring to boil stirring constantly. Add the pineapple chunks. Adjust seasoning. Pour on the slices of pork.
This was super fantastic, Boomette. The roast was so flavorful and turned out quite moist and tender. We really enjoyed it. Made for ZWT9 (Caribbean).
OMG, this was great! Easy to make and the sauce is fantastic! The next time I might add a little red pepper to give a bit of heat but it stands well just as is. Made for ZWT9 and "The Apron String Travelers"
I cooked this in the morning, and sliced a piece for a grilled pork sandwich, little juicy, but real good. The rest we just finished for dinner tonight. The seasonings were very complimentary to the pork itself too. Served with some corn on the cob, and one of my mashed potato recipes. I didn't change a thing to this recipe. Good and delicious as written. Made as a bonus tag for your win in June I Recommend.