Recipe by Boomette
This is a recipe my mother made a lots of time. It was one of my favorite recipe. I made it on Sunday when I didn't know what to do with a pork loin roast. It's from Qu'est-ce qu'on mange volume 1.
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil (I use Canola oil)
- 1 1⁄2 kg pork roast
- 8 ounces pineapple chunks
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon wine vinegar (I used red wine vinegar)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In an overproof saucepan, heat oil. Brown the pork on all sides.
- Let drain the pineapples and keep the juice.
- In a bowl, mix pineapple juice and water. Incorporate the molasses, mustard, salt and pepper. Pour on the pork. Cover. Cook in oven for 1 hour. Baste with the cooking juice each 15 minutes. Remove the lid for the last 15 minutes of cooking.
- Put the pork roast in a serving dish. Keep it warm.
- In a bowl, mix the cornstarch with the chicken stock. Set aside.
- Skim the cooking juice. Add vinegar and the cornstarch with chicken stock. Bring to boil stirring constantly. Add the pineapple chunks. Adjust seasoning. Pour on the slices of pork.