Top Review by SJG3483
These were really good. I couldn't tell when they were almost done, so only the center squares were still gooey. The rest of them got kind of hard overnight. Next time, I'll be more careful about how long I cook them for.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 cup shortening or 1 cup butter or 1 cup Crisco
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 1⁄3 cups crushed pineapple (juice drained and set aside for icing)
- 2 tablespoons pineapple juice
- 1 cup powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift together flour, baking soda and salt into bowl.
- In another bowl,cream the butter or shortening with the brown sugar.
- Mix in the flour mixture and the pineapple.
- Grease a 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
- Pour in batter, and bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes.
- It's best when slightly underdone as it stays moist.
- Combine powdered sugar with pineapple juice.
- Spread icing,then cut into bars.