Recipe by Juenessa
First place winner of the 2006 Winning Taste Recipe Contest, sponsored by Pilgrims Pride and Gold Kist Farms. Recipe contributed by Lisa Grant.
Top Review by anme
I made this tonight for dinner since I had a lot of left over pineapple and pineapple juice. The marinade was very very good on the chicken, but I went lightly on the peppers. This was my first time eating and obviously preparing an avacado. I dont know if I really liked the avacado cream with the chicken. I ended up just eating the chicken by itself. Made this indoors with my imatation george forman grill. Will make again but subbing a diffrent sauce or omiting a sacue all together since the chicken is divine on its own.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄2 cup pineapple juice
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons minced pickled jalapeno peppers
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 ripe avocado, pitted and peeled
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon pineapple juice
- 1 tablespoon minced pickled jalapeno pepper
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, to garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chicken breasts in large non-metallic dish or resealable plastic bag.
- Place marinade ingredients in bowl and whisk until well combined.
- Reserve 1/4 cup marinade, cover and refrigerate.
- Pour remaining marinade over chicken, cover or seal bag and refrigerate at least 2 hours or up to 24 hours.
- Preheat grill and lightly coat grill rack with oil or cooking spray.
- To prepare Avocado Cream, place avocado in bowl and mash.
- Add juices, jalapeno peppers, sour cream and seasonings.
- Stir until combined and smooth.
- Cover and refrigerate.
- Remove chicken from marinade, drain and discard marinade.
- Place chicken on prepared grill about 4 to 6 inches from heat source.
- Grill about 7 minutes per side or until temperature on meat thermometer reaches 160ºF and juices run clear when pierced with fork.
- Baste occasionally with reserved 1/4 cup marinade during grilling.
- To serve, place chicken breasts on serving platter.
- Spoon Avocado Cream on each and garnish with a sprinkling of cilantro, if desired.
- **Cook time does not include marinating time of 2 to 24 hours.