Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 mins
My version of a recipe found online. I love grilled pineapple and this went great with my toasted coconut rice pilaf and spice rubbed grilled chicken! The shrimp was tender and juicy! If using wooden skewers make sure you soak them in cold water for at least 30 minutes. You could add some crushed red pepper or hot sauce to the marinade for some kick:-0
- 1 1⁄2 lbs florida key west shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup fresh pineapple, cut into chunks
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 red onion, quartered
- 2 tablespoons fresh key lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey or 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 3 -4 green onions, diced white and light green parts only
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- Arrange shrimp, pineapple chunks, bell pepper and onion on wooden skewers and place in a flat bottom glass casserole dish.
- In a small bowl, combine lime juice, oil, honey, garlic, green onions and soy sauce, whisking until honey is dissolved, reserving one ounce for basting during cooking.
- Pour the remaining marinade over shrimp skewers. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Place skewers on grill about 6 inches from coals or gas flame. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes on each side until shrimp are opaque and pineapple begins to brown; baste with reserved marinade before turning.