Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
I love focaccia bread and I love dried pineapple. So what could be better? I found this recipe on the back of a package of Mariani Tropical Pineapple. Storing recipe here for safekeeping. Times are an estimate.
- 1⁄2 cup warm water
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup unbleached flour
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 3⁄4 cup mariani tropical dried pineapple, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- In a large bowl, mix the water, yeast, honey, and 2 teaspoons of the canola oil.
- Let stand for 2 minutes, or until the yeast is dissolved.
- Sift the flours together and add to the yeast mixture. Stir well.
- Turn the dough onto a floured surface and knead until elastic, about 5 or 6 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Coat two 9" round cake pans with nonstick spray. Roll dough into two circles and place in pans.
- Divide the sliced pineapple between pans and press into dough.
- Brush dough lightly with remaining oil and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake at 500 degrees for 7 minutes. Cover with foil to prevent the fruit from burning and bake an additional 5 to 8 minutes.
- Remove from pans and cut with kitchen shears or pizza cutter.
- Serve warm.