Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Yum what a way to combine my 2 favorite things--pineapple and cranberries. Pretty simple and tasty!
Make and share this Pineapple Cranberry Upside Down Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup pecans
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 1 (16 ounce) can pineapple chunks (drained, reserve juice to add to water for as much liquid as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- Drain juice from pineapple and save.
- Melt butter in a 9x13 baking dish in a 350°F oven.
- Sprinkle in sugar nuts cranberries and pineapple.
- Add water to the pineapple juice to equal the amount of liquid specified on the cake mix box.
- Prepare cake mix as shown on package directions.
- Spread mixture over fruit.
- Bake at 350°F for 30-45 min or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Cool 5 minutes.
- Invert cake onto a large serving dish.