Prep 15 mins
Cook 18 mins
Light, creamy filling and refreshing pineapple flavor could very well make this old favorite a new classic in your recipe box! I found this recipe in Country Woman magazine. I have not tried this pie. I'm posting this recipe for safe keeping. I plan to use sugar free vanilla wafers and Splenda for baking for the sugar.
- 1 1⁄2 cups crushed vanilla wafers (about 45 wafers)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 3 ounces lemon gelatin
- 1 1⁄2 cups unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 3⁄4 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Combine the wafer crumbs, sugar and butter; press onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-inch pie plate. Bake at 375 for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small saucepan, combine the gelatin, pineapple juice and egg. Cook and stir over low heat until mixture is slightly thickened and a therometer reads 160 (do not boil), about 10 minutes. Remove from the heat; transfer to a bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Fold whipped cream into filling. Spread evenly into crust. Refrigerate for 4 hours or until set.