Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is my favorite cheese ball!
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 package ranch dressing mix (Hidden valley is the best!)
- 1 can small pineapple, crushed
- 2 green onions
- 1⁄4 cup cheese, shredded, Jack or Colby
- Mix the package of ranch dressing mix with the softened cream cheese until well mixed.
- Then add 1/2 can of crushed pineapple, (no juice), the 2 stalks of green onion chopped and the shredded cheese. Mix well and cool in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Turn out onto a cheese board or platter. Mound it in the center and shape into a ball with a spoon.
- If you like you can cover the ball with sliced almonds, sprinkle with dill weed, parsley or paprika.
- Chill completely before serving.
Everyone that has ever eaten this just loves it! Sometimes I add a little chopped green pepper.
my sister, milann, brought this to a goddess retreat once and it was gone so fast. we all loved it. it has become our family's favorite dip! my son tried it with adding chopped ham as well.....was great that way, as well!
I made this for a Thanksgiving appetizer. Most people liked it, but no one was crazy about it. The pineapple/ranch combination is very different and doesn't appeal to everyone. I think if I made it again, I would cut the ranch down or just leave it out altogether.