Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A good cake for potlucks.
- 2 eggs
- 20 ounces crushed pineapple, do not drain
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (or chopped pecans)
- 24 ounces cream cheese, softened, reduced fat is OK (3 - 8 oz bricks)
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease and flour a 13" x 9" baking pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together eggs, pineapple, vanilla and sugar.
- Gradually beat in baking soda and flour; stir in walnuts.
- Pour into the greased 13" X 9" baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick poked in the center comes out clean.
- For icing: beat together cream cheese, butter, and powdered sugar; spread over warm (NOT HOT) cake.