Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 18 mins
Cooking and prep times are approximate.
Make and share this Pineapple-Beef Kabobs recipe from Food.com.
- 2 (20 ounce) cans pineapple chunks
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2⁄3 cup cider vinegar
- 2⁄3 cup catsup
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons liquid smoke
- 3 lbs boneless sirloin tip roast, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms
- 2 small onions, quartered
- 2 medium green peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice.
- Combine pineapple juice and next 6 ingredients, stirring well.
- Pour into a large shallow dish.
- Add meat; cover and marinate 8 hours in refrigerator.
- Drain meat, reserving marinade.
- Pour marinade in sauce pan; bring to a boil.
- Add mushrooms; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered 10 minutes.
- Drain; reserve marinade. Set mushrooms aside.
- Alternate meat, fruit, and vegetables on skewers.
- Grill kabobs over medium hot coals 6 to 8 minutes on each side or to desired degree of doneness, brushing often with marinade.
- Serve with seasoned rice.