Cooking and prep times are approximate.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (20 ounce) cans pineapple chunks
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup cider vinegar
- 2/3 cup catsup
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons liquid smoke
- 3 lbs boneless sirloin tip roast, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 lb fresh mushrooms
- 2 small onions, quartered
- 2 medium green peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1Drain pineapple, reserving juice.
- 2Combine pineapple juice and next 6 ingredients, stirring well.
- 3Pour into a large shallow dish.
- 4Add meat; cover and marinate 8 hours in refrigerator.
- 5Drain meat, reserving marinade.
- 6Pour marinade in sauce pan; bring to a boil.
- 7Add mushrooms; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered 10 minutes.
- 8Drain; reserve marinade. Set mushrooms aside.
- 9Alternate meat, fruit, and vegetables on skewers.
- 10Grill kabobs over medium hot coals 6 to 8 minutes on each side or to desired degree of doneness, brushing often with marinade.
- 11Serve with seasoned rice.
Browse Our Top Pineapple Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pineapple-Beef Kabobs
Serving Size: 1 (451 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 466.2
- Calories from Fat 134
- Total Fat 14.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 110.6 mg
- Sodium 824.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 40.4 g
- Protein 38.3 g