Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Got this recipe in a weekly food zine, have yet to try it but it's deffinately on my list. I adore pineapple!
- 20 ounces crushed pineapple
- 2 cups dates, chopped
- 3 cups oats
- 1 cup wheat germ
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- Combine pineapple and dates in a saucepan.
- Cook on medium heat until thickened. Stir frequently.
- In a large bowl, mix oats, wheat germ, coconut, walnuts, and salt. Stir in juice and oil.
- Press half of the oat mixture in a greased 9x13" pan. Spread the pineapple mixture on top, then sprinkle on the rest of the oat mixture. Press down lightly.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool, and cut into squares.