Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a great dish if you are new to tofu. The strong flavours of the marinade and pineapple help hide the tofu taste and the tofu itself crisps up nicely. If fresh pineapple is out of season use tinned instead.
- 285 g firm tofu, drained and cubed
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 small pineapple, peeled and chopped
- 1 bunch spring onion, sliced
- 150 g snow peas, trimmed (mange tout)
- 1 red chili pepper, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- In a large bowl mix the soy, sesame seeds honey and sesame oil. Toss the tofu and leave to marinate for as long as desired.
- As a general rule new tofu eaters a minimum of 30 minutes up to overnight, for those used to tofu 10 minutes.
- Heat 2 tbsp of the veg oil and when hot add the drained tofu. Stir fry for 5 minutes until crispy on the outside, remove and keep warm.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir fry for two minutes. Return the tofu to the pan along with any leftover marinade and heat for 1 minute.
- Serve with rice or noodles.
Excellent as written! :)