Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Yet another quick party food that looks and tastes great.
- 3⁄4 cup macadamia nuts
- 250 g camembert cheese or 250 g brie cheese, at room temperature
- 1⁄4 cup finely-chopped dried pineapple
- 1⁄4 cup cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped of fresh mint or 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 1 pinch curry powder
- Chop nuts roughly and set 3 tablespoons aside for topping.
- Using a sharp knife, cut a thin top off the cheese and discard the rind.
- Using a teaspoon, scoop out the cheese and place in small bowl.
- Mix in the nuts, pineapple, cream cheese, herbs and curry powder.
- Stir until mixture is soft and creamy.
- Spoon the mixture into empty cheese shell.
- Sprinkle the reserved nuts on top.
- Serve at room temperature with crackers.
OMG! You have to try this! It was so simple to make but it tastes and looks like something you'd get as an appetizer at a very, very expensive restaurant. If you are making it for friends, you can make them think that it was this impossible, complicated recipe. They will think you are a master chef!
Mimi, said it all, OMG this is so good, DH really loved it, said this is a keper. I used the camembert cheese, next time I am going to try it with the brie. Very easy to make. Thank you for posting the recipe. I'm surprised some hadn't made & reviewed this before. They don't know what they have been missing.
What a waste of money!!! I made this according to directions. The mint was way too overpowering, even without the mint it would have been bad.