Recipe by canarygirl
Delicious Spanish Tapa! Serve with crusty french bread and red wine and you're in business. Prep time includes marinating time.
Top Review by Nelly
There were 6 of us, so doubled the recipe, (none left,though). They were really good, using lamb fillet. Apart from marinading the were quick and easy to make and I added a mint-jelly dipper (sacrilege), but would cut down a little on garlic and cilantro next time.
- 3⁄4 lb lamb or 3⁄4 lb chicken or 3⁄4 lb beef or 3⁄4 lb pork, cut into smaller cubes (about 3/4" or less)
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon cilantro (about)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin seed
- 3 -4 tablespoons spicy paprika
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon leaf thyme
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice or 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- salt and pepper
- Using a mortar and pestle, mash garlic, cilantro, cumin, paprika, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Add olive oil and lemon juice or vinegar and mix well.
- Place 4-5 pieces of meat on each skewer (for best results, first soak skewers 1/2 hour in water).
- Put skewer in a container and top with marinade.
- Let marinate for 2-3 hours, turning every once in a while.
- Grill over medium heat until cooked through-- about 10-15 minutes, turning as needed.
- Serve with lemon wedges and cilantro.
- Note: These can be done in the oven too-375° for 15 minutes (about), turning once.